Twin duck egg

Chris93

Chirping
Apr 4, 2023
Has anyone on here ever successfully hatched a twin egg? From what I’ve read it seems very rare for them survive. I currently have twin ducks and it is now day 9 of incubation. So far they seem to be doing okay maybe a little bit behind in development compared to my other eggs. To be honest I didn’t really expect them to develop, this egg was 14 days old when I put it in the incubator.

Attachments

• D0A3EFB3-FEE5-406C-AF9D-AC885ED3F20E.jpeg
    D0A3EFB3-FEE5-406C-AF9D-AC885ED3F20E.jpeg
    271.6 KB · Views: 129
I do not have experience with twins. But that is very interesting and good to get advise before it becomes to late and you’re scrambling for ideas! I have seen a few posts on here before about twins. I think more people will chime in and get you some advise. Good luck and post when they’re born! Best of luck!

I do not have experience with twins. But that is very interesting and good to get advise before it becomes to late and you’re scrambling for ideas! I have seen a few posts on here before about twins. I think more people will chime in and get you some advise. Good luck and post when they’re born! Best of luck!
Thank you! Right now I’m just trying to keep my expectations pretty low. If they do manage to survive till hatch day I’m sure I will have to assist and I’m pretty worried about that.

Wow I've never heard of twins!
I've had a theory that it would be possible but unlikely seeing how there is only one air sack and it would be almost impossible for both to get their heads to it then to pip the shell.
I hope they hatch safely and healthy.

Thank you! Right now I’m just trying to keep my expectations pretty low. If they do manage to survive till hatch day I’m sure I will have to assist and I’m pretty worried about that.
Well hope for the best! It’s definitely not impossible! There’s a lot of videos out there of both twins surviving. Best idea would be sure they humidity and temperature is as perfect as you can get it until they hatch!

Oh and do a lot of research on assisting so you’re ready. Know what to look for that would yield caution. From what I know of problems with twins would be the air sac displacement (one getting air and the other not) and then them not being fully developed. But you could be lucky and get two heathy babies!

My fingers are crossed for you
I lost mine right at hatch time
My advice run higher humidity as they need a smaller air cell to give more growth room
Watch them for bruising every 3 hours when it’s hatch
That’s where I went wrong and forgot to set my Alarm
Mine started the hatch day 23
I just read through your thread and found it very helpful. I’m already concerned about the size of the air cell it seems bigger than the rest of my eggs already. So far I’ve been keeping the humidity between 55 and 60% would that be fine? I have a dozen other eggs that are in there as well. It’s interesting that your twins seemed to develop faster because mine are definitely developing slower than my other eggs.

Back
Top Bottom