Twin Egg...

duck mom newbie

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 21, 2014
Hello Hatchers,
I have a twin duck egg. So far it has developed fine, larger than others but OK. I am concerned that the farther duckling from the air sac will suffocate. any suggestion?? It is due on Sat., in lock down, just not sure how to proceed with it.
Thanks in advance.

Hello Hatchers, 
I have a twin duck egg. So far it has developed fine, larger than others but OK. I am concerned that the farther duckling from the air sac will suffocate. any suggestion?? It is due on Sat., in lock down, just not sure how to proceed with it. 
Thanks in advance. 

I've never had hatched a twin egg, but I'm excited to see how your eggs come out!

Hello Hatchers, 
Thanks in advance. 
I am in the same boat only mine are only on day 12 and are muscovys. They are developing and active. I was going to start a thread and saw this one. I was curious on probability of it hatching. I am going to assume these babies if they hatch will have to be assisted. I am worried that there will not be enough room in the egg

My first time dealing with twins. I hope they make it...that would be so awesome!:fl

Mine seem to be ok development wise, but I am worried about the hatch!!! I'll post more sat. Crossing my fingers!!! If anyone has suggestions I'd take any advice.

Well, I hate to report the twin egg didn't make it. There was
2 fully developed ducklings, but no internal pip and they died :( hope others have better luck.

That i
Well, I hate to report the twin egg didn't make it. There was
2 fully developed ducklings, but no internal pip and they died :( hope others have better luck.
. That is so sad. I'm sorry. I will let all of you know how my twin egg does. We are now on day 17 (muscovys) I warned my kids they may not make it already so they can be prepared. They were really excited to see both babies starting to develop in the egg. Fingers crossed! And again sorry for the loss of your twins. :(

Back
Top Bottom