Twin Tier Poultry Club Auction Saturday May 9th at 9:30am Bath, NY

Glad you made the trip! It was a very tiring day for us but the club did well! Must have been a long day for you too! All the information on our show and the fall auction are on the website. Our show was the biggest in NY state last year so hopefully it will be again this year.
big_smile.png

I went and bought a couple Welsummers (although I didn't know that they were Welsummers until I posted a picture on here lol). This was the first time I've been to a poultry auction. I was really looking for some full grown Rhode Island Reds but only saw the chicks. I wish the guy was a little clearer up there. I couldn't really understand him well. Plus, when you buy from there, you have no idea how old the animal is or anything about them really. But there were lots of different animals there and it was a pretty good experience.

Are there going to be anymore around this area?

I went and really liked the auction, although I missed a large chunk of the birds since the equipment started mid afternoon and I needed an incubator!

What I liked: Moved thru stuff pretty fast. I liked it when they OPENED the boxes and put the chicks in the coop. I did notice that chicks were left in the boxes, I think they would have gotten higher bids if they took some of them out? Is there a reason why they don't take all the birds out of the boxes?

Even on the birds out of the boxes, sometimes it was not clear WHAT they were if you could not see the box they came in. I wrote in LARGE letters on both sides of my box!
big_smile.png
That would be my suggestion to the sellers, mark the boxes clearly with the breeds, colors, ect.

I agree, sometimes the auctioneers were about as clear as mud, LOL Many a time I was like, huh, what did he say?
lol.png
I know, loads of stuff to get thru!

Later in the day it was much easier to see what was in the boxes, since the crowd had thinned out so you could actually walk around and see what was written on them! I got some BR hatching eggs for .50 a dozen!

There is another livestock auction May 30th in Lyons NY at Pine Creek Feed, and I think there is one in Bath in Sept.

Someone mentioned a show in Bath, anyone want to fill us in on what that is? I've never been to a chicken show, just rabbit shows. Is it like that, do people set up and sell stuff like they do at the rabbit shows? I'm close enough to Bath, I should join the poultry club!
big_smile.png

HI I saw the poster for another auctuion in Lyons I think it was. I lost the info I picked up for that so I was wondering if any of you had the info for that one. If so could you please pass on the lacation, day, and times. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom