TWINS!?! please please PLEASE help!

nagleobr

In the Brooder
Aug 24, 2015
About 10 or 11 days ago, I gave my broody hen some eggs to hatch. She sat ont hem faithfully for a little while, until another chicken snuck into her nest while she was on break and cracked almost all of them. One egg survived. I wiped it off and decided to give it to my other broody hen, who had some eggs just a little younger. I decided that when it hatched, I could take it inside until it's siblings hatched a few days later. So tonight i was candling them and I discovered that there are two chicks inside the egg! I have no experience with twin chicks whatsoever and I have no idea what to do. I had no idea that this was a double yolk egg until tonight. has anyone had any experience with twin chicks? If so, can you please let me know what you did and how I should go about this? Should I bring it inside and put it in the incubator? Or should I leave it with her? This is her first time being a mother, so I don't think she could help it or know what to do at all. Please, please reply! Thank you so much!

If there's blood, there's probably nothing she can do right now anyway. She'd risk killing it if she assists too soon.
idunno.gif

Yeah, hopefully she'll survive and live a long happy life.
smile.png
She's a blue andausian silkie cross. She's got the five toes and black skin that silkies have, but she's pretty normal sized. She's drying off in the incubator right now and looks like she's going to be a healthy chick!
wee.gif

I haven't had this before but I know if you look on YouTube there is a video about how to help twins. Hope it helps! May someone else will help you. GOOD LUCK!

I am going to candle them when it gets dark here, will be moving them to the incubator this week, I think.

Back
Top Bottom