TWINS!?! please please PLEASE help!

Thanks!
All of the eggs look good. The twins are both alive and moving. They are filling up the egg fast....

does anyone have any recommendations for when hatch day comes? (day 22 should be next tues. or wed.!)

Candling pictures....one twin is super active. Saw his little toes moving! Here's a picture of the really active one. It's getting hard to tell them apart from one another....

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but i have experienced this a few times. They come from "double yolkers" or eggs with two yolks. This can usually be avoided by not incubating any abnormally large eggs. The chicks in question rarely survive, and when they do they usually have serious heath problems.There is simply not enough nutrients, or space, in these eggs for two chicks. I would be prepared to invest some serious time in the chicks, if they hatch, and/or be prepared to put them down if they suffer. Again sorry for the bad news.

I don't know anything about hatching twins, but the advice I'd give you is be prepared in case they decide to hatch early! I incubated a batch of chicks a few weeks ago, and they all hatched on day 19 and 20. Needless to say, that took me by surprise! They are all very vigorous and healthy, though!
Good luck! I hope it turns out well!

I wouldn't normally incubate a double yolker, but it accidently got in her clutch. I know that they will have some trouble hatching, but I'll do my best to give them any help needed. They are blue andalusian white silkie crosses. Thank you for all your advice. They are on about day 15.

Does anyone have any suggestion for knowing when to help? I know that twins almost always need help, but when do I intervene?

Back
Top Bottom