Two babies in one egg?!

Sarjeanp

Songster
7 Years
May 26, 2015
Frankie, the Momma just got off of her eggs for a moment, so I took the opportunity to snatch them up and candle them. 5 of them are on the same growth track, about day 17, but Momma somehow snuck one of her sisters in there because one is only on like day 4 or 5. But ONE, I swear, has two moving black blobs. I'm new to candling babies this far into development, so this is new territory for me, and I'm pretty clueless on "guess that blob." This particular egg is also somehow not as far along as the other 5, but not a 4 day'er...If I were to guess from one of the blobs, like a 9 day'er? What am I seeing if not two babies, with both black blobs moving at separate times? 🧐

It could be possible. I just tossed a chicken one a couple days ago that quit around day 8-9. I was unsure as well so when it passed i checked out of curiosity, it was 2.

This is a common mistake made on first time to candle
If you had twins you would see 4 blobs
Often they look apart but are really held together by a tiny thin long neck :)
I was freaked out the first time I saw this
Here is one I did from a week ago of a baby day 11-12
OKAAAAYYY.. mine looked almost exactly like that, the blobs seemed a bit darker, and slightly further apart, but pretty darn close!!

I tried to get the "twins" on video, it was much clearer before I tried to record it. I apologize for the terrible video, I will get another one in a few days. I am going back to thinking there are 2 babies in this egg?! Whatcha think?

Back
Top Bottom