Two chinese geese and one sebastopol goose NEED HELP!!!!!!!

MAMAGoose2062

In the Brooder
Nov 12, 2015
WINDSOR, MO
I have a female sebastopol goose that is getting bullied by my chinese geese, what should i do??? she is a sweet goose, should i have her as a house goose?
Quote:
But i'm trying to find her a good male sebastopol goose, so she isn't lonely.

I have a female sebastopol goose that is getting bullied by my chinese geese, what should i do??? she is a sweet goose, should i have her as a house goose?

But i'm trying to find her a good male sebastopol goose, so she isn't lonely.
Separate them where they can still see each other because you'll have to do it once you get her a mate anyway if you want pure goslings one day. Separating will keep her safe from the Chinese, stress from bullying is not good for their health.

Were they all raised together?
Welcome to BYC @MAMAGoose2062

Last edited:
no they weren't raised together. I raised my chinese geese and my crested duck. i just bought sebastopol goose the other day.
That's why they are bullying her she is an intruder to them. Integration always has to be slow and with fencing in between those that are resident and the new ones. Once they all have lived side by side for a while then you slowly introduce with supervision a little while during the day until they can all be together with out any one being bullied.

they are getting along well thanks for your help from ivy.
thumbsup.gif

I have a male and female chinese goose and 1 female Sebastople goose. My Sebastopol goose is brooding on 10 eggs. We live in the north country of NY where it can get -20. She is in a coop with a heat lamp about 6ft above. I thought she was a male, so I'm totally confused if her eggs are fertile or if she can even cross breed with the chinese male goose. I was also wondering if some of those eggs are fertile chinese goose eggs and they hatch in the winter, do i have to move them into a heated area?

I would try to incubate the eggs first and see if they are fertile and if there not fertile. I would wait for march then try it again to incubate them.

I have a male and female chinese goose and 1 female Sebastople goose. My Sebastopol goose is brooding on 10 eggs. We live in the north country of NY where it can get -20. She is in a coop with a heat lamp about 6ft above. I thought she was a male, so I'm totally confused if her eggs are fertile or if she can even cross breed with the chinese male goose. I was also wondering if some of those eggs are fertile chinese goose eggs and they hatch in the winter, do i have to move them into a heated area?
Your going to have to be ready to brood these goslings if you can't keep it warm when they hatch check your temps in your shed where she is brooding and if you can keep it around 40* or above and keep them inside for a couple weeks you may not have much trouble but you'll have to make sure she is keeping the gosling warm and caring for them. Sometimes new mamas need our help, and you don't want them taking goslings out in frigid temps or when it's snowing or raining they can chill really fast. You also need to make sure your brooding goose is getting adequate food and water it takes alot out of them when brooding and in winter even more so.

@joanna siquier Welcome to BYC

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom