Two Coturnix Hens Fighting

I'm sure you are are much more experienced than I, but when this happened to my girls, I split them up with a temporary partition made from cheap baking racks. Took about 2 days for them all to get along again.

I'm sure you are are much more experienced than I, but when this happened to my girls, I split them up with a temporary partition made from cheap baking racks. Took about 2 days for them all to get along again.
Cool! I have something similar in place now with a box. Fighting seems to have ebbed off abit. Thanks for your advice!

I think that's my problem. It's only a little bit larger than 2 feet square with minimal hiding spots. Thanks! :) I hope my new enclosure comes soon >.< I had to re-order three times for the damn thing because it kept getting canceled.
Yeah, that's not nearly enough space. I hope your new enclosure comes soon too!
I literally just put in a hiding spot for them and like magic the fighting stopped! Thanks again for your advice! :)
I'm so glad that helped.

Aaaaand they're at it again. Not as frequent, but it's still there. I might have to remove one of the hens if this keeps up.
I would have said to increase the amount of hiding spots, but since you've done that already, you should use a separation technique similar to what @yakitori mentioned. They need to be able to see each other without being able to touch each other.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom