Two different hatching dates- same bator. Have questions....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by desertlovers, May 10, 2009.

1. desertlovers

desertlovers Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2008
    My DH won 2 different bids on ebay for 10 americana's and the other for 6 RIR's. The americanan's got to us in 3 days so after letting them sit for 8 hr's we put them in the bator beliving that the RIR's would be here the next day. It took 7 day's for the RIR's to get here!
    My question is, this wednesday we will take the turner out and I will X/O the RIR's. How will the higher temp and higher humid affect the RIR's? They will be 11 day in the bator. Any help or suggestions would be great! Thank you!

2. tofuranch

tofuranch What Came First????

Dec 11, 2008
    I have in the past left the turner in and took off the some of the racks. I actually do this often. I just let the humidity be, it will go back down shortly. I know that you might not get anyone else saying this, but I have done it.

Or you could set something up for just the hatching, lots of easy things could be made for just hatching.

3. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    I do it all the time with no issues.

I leave mine at 100 degrees.

4. desertlovers

desertlovers Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2008
    Thank you for the reasurance! I will leave everything the way it is.....[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by