Two ducks down

DuckDuck3Chicken

Chirping
May 6, 2020
So our ducks, one by one, got taken and eaten by something the last two days but their carcasses were left in the coop by the perpetrator. I'm not sure if our chickens pecked at or ate part of the dead ducks before we found them. If they did, would it be safe to eat their eggs afterward? I've never had this happen in years. I tried to repair the hole yesterday but they found another way in.

So our ducks, one by one, got taken and eaten by something the last two days but their carcasses were left in the coop by the perpetrator. I'm not sure if our chickens pecked at or ate part of the dead ducks before we found them. If they did, would it be safe to eat their eggs afterward? I've never had this happen in years. I tried to repair the hole yesterday but they found another way in.
So vary sorry for your losses.

I would say that their eggs are fine. some people actually feed their birds carcasses of other critters

Its unsaid, but I believe the concern is the mad cow disease, where it was rumored cows were getting sick from eating other cows. In this case, a fowl eating a fowl.

We feed ours fresh deer carcass every hunting season. Usually the ribs or whatever is left on the bones after butchering. They will pick that baby clean.
So vary sorry for your losses.

I would say that their eggs are fine. some people actually feed their birds carcasses of other critters

Back
Top Bottom