two eggs a day from one hen-is this possible?

annette'spets

Songster
10 Years
Jun 6, 2009
vero beach, Fl.
One person I know said her two hens lay 2 eggs a day EACH for the past month. I always thought a chicken only laid one egg a day if they laid at all. Does anyone know for sure the answer?

It's kinda ironic that you started this thread. Today is day 5 that I have been getting 13 eggs from 12 8 month old RIR pullets. We'll see what happens tommorrow.

Okay, what are you people feeding your hens?
bow.gif

barnie.gif
I have 3 hens but only get 2 eggs per day. I'm thinking the one that's holding out on me is maybe going thru a "silent" molt. It's kinda funny the one that has all her feathers is the one that doesn't lay. The other two are in different stages of baldness hence their names Strip and Popcorn. And yes I'm sure these two are laying. I've seen them do it.

smile.png
Yes I have got 2 eggs a day from my hens,but no longer have them anymore.I have ducks now and My Rouens lay 2 a day a lot of days and so do my Crested Kkaki Campbells.
I feed mine laying crumbles with vitamins.Can`t remember the name of the company.But we get it from our feed store.I hoped this helped.But yes they do, BackSwampGirl

I've got one of those 2 egg a day hens, too. Catch is she only lays about every 3rd day. One early morning and the second in late evening.

I've had a few hens lay two eggs each day a couple times in the past. I've heard if you have a rooster around, breeding with them causes them to lay more eggs then if a rooster wasn't present.

Funny, I got two eggs today from my little Belgian D'Anvers, she's the only banty, so I know it was her. I just started her on Blue Seal layer, but usually I get one egg every other day, and yesterday she missed a day, so I figure she must be trying to catch up

Back
Top Bottom