Two lovely ladies in need of new home- Westchester County NY

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by dph40, Oct 1, 2014.

1. dph40

dph40 New Egg

Oct 1, 2014
    We are moving across the country and cannot take our two lovely, sweet three-year old Ameraucauna hens. Anyone within reasonable driving distance of Westchester County NY willing to adopt them?

2. Sherrillk

Sherrillk Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2012
    Hi. Congrats on your move altho sorry about your need to relocate your girls. We are near enough but wondering if they are still laying regularly?

3. dph40

dph40 New Egg

Oct 1, 2014
    They are still laying. Would you be adding them to an existing flock? I would also give you whatever food (organic layer feed) and scratch I have on hand.

4. Ravennest

Ravennest Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2014
    I live in the mountains of NY ...would you consider UPSing them...we free range here

Amanda

5. dph40

dph40 New Egg

Oct 1, 2014
    I think I would feel better if I delivered them- less traumatic for them (and me). Which mountains? Adirondacks or catskills?

6. Ravennest

Apr 28, 2014
    Adirondacks...Saranac Lake NY...UPS comes right to the door...trying to load pics...if you go to my profile you may see them...
    we have a small group right now...Don is very gentle and protective...and they talk a lot...they also free range of the
    area

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  7. dph40

dph40 New Egg

Oct 1, 2014
    Let me look into shipping by Postal Service.

8. Ravennest

Apr 28, 2014
    Do you have any pics? [​IMG]
    Don, with Speckle and Tutu...Don's tails a little blurred because he was wagging it ...breakfast treat peanut butter spagetti

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  9. Sherrillk

Sherrillk Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2012
    Hi. I would be happy to include them into our flock. This is a great time to do it as the weather allows for gentle introductions. I'm not that far from you and can pick them up or you can deliver, if you wish. PM me for my number and to discuss so I can let you know about us. I'm happy through the interview process..I understand wanting the best situation for girls.

10. lordlucille

lordlucille Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2014
    new york
    I would love to add one of them into my flock, I have 13 chickens, email me at [email protected]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by