Two lumps on each side of hens abdomin

Glad to hear she is a bit better, but colloidal silver doesn’t help with paralysis or tumors in Mareks disease. It may be coincidental or she was injured. Hard to know exactly what is going on. Have you seen Mareks in your flock before?
No this is my first dealing with Mareks.She has 100% all the symtoms and i have gotten birds from different places so i believe that could be the problem.There are several articles on here and youtube channels that have used this treatment and say it saved their birds and now they are living normal lives.She was half dead yeasterday till i forced the dops then 4 hours later she was eating drinking then moving her wings and now she is standing and that was after she was half dead.I really want to spread the word so someone else can save thier bird. It really does seem to be veary effective. I can link the articles if you need me to.

Last edited:
No this is my first dealing with Mareks.She has 100% all the symtoms and i have gotten birds from different places so i believe that could be the problem.There are several articles on here and youtube channels that have used this treatment and say it saved their birds and now they are living normal lives.She was half dead yeasterday till i forced the dops then 4 hours later she was eating drinking then moving her wings and now she is standing and that was after she was half dead.I really want to spread the word so someone else can save thier bird. It really does seem to be veary effective. I can link the articles if you need me to.
I forgot to add that before this happened to her one of my oldest hens died the day before with her legs splayed as well and her comb was purple. I refused to belive it was Mareks when this happend. Then the next day my other hen couldnt lift her wings and i felt the lumps she was still eating and drinking then the next day she was half dead she was on her side, legs splayed neck turned i was eaven saying my good byes so i did tons of research for hours finding articles and videos about this. Thats when i ran to the store got the drops forced her to take it and now she is better. I think it came frome chicken farm i gott 3 of my birds at and i guess with this heat it made it show the signs since they have been super stressed. Its 105° were i live.

Without labs or necropsy to confirm that your bird has Marek's disease, I would not assume it was that. I have Marek's disease in my flock and colloidal silver has not helped any of my birds in any way, Marek's or not. There is no real treatment for Marek's, I've seen other threads with other treatments or 'cures', but they are always birds from flocks in which Marek's has not been confirmed. I think it's more likely that something else was going on. Knowing how Marek's progresses, I am very skeptical that anything, even if it was effective, would result in a miraculous full recovery after only a few days. With an annual global cost in losses of around 2 billion dollars a year in the poultry industry, from Marek's, I think if colloidal silver was a cure, everyone would be shouting it from rooftops. Most of the articles that suggest it works, are written by sellers of colloidal silver. Marek's disease suppresses a birds immune system, so anything that can strengthen their immune system can help with survival. Even scientists still do not currently know exactly why the virus does what it does, so viable treatments are still not available. I'm very happy for you that your birds have recovered, sincerely. I really don't believe it's likely that it was, or is, Marek's. Birds can manifest neuromuscular symptoms from many causes.

Back
Top Bottom