Two male ducks one beating the other

My boys are driving me crazy fighting -- but its not blood, large feathers lost nor serious damage. Its bitey bitey and standing on each other. I had 4 wriggly fighting boys in a heap under my shrubbery today. I look forward to the fall when they will simmer down

Okay thanks for the info greatly appreciated
You can keep the drakes in a bachelor flock, you don't *need* hens- many people do so with good success, but you have to understand that drakes have hormones and it may take some time to establish a balance. I agree with Isadora, giving the less dominant drake separate feeding sessions will help make sure he doesnt miss out.

@fatty and friends may have some suggestions,
do they have a pool?

For my birthday I got two male ducks almost one year old now they love each other you can not separate them at all up until today I went to check on them when I got home and one male was biting the others neck and chasing him never had this happend before what going on?
Also what breed are the drakes?

whatever you do, do NOT get any hens. the boys will get along better with no girls, if this is their first spring they’re most likely still figuring out the pecking order and that’s why they’re fighting.

separate if it gets too bad, make sure they have multiple food/water setups, and if possible keep one pool per drake. they will fight the most in water, so it’s best they have their own swimming areas

Back
Top Bottom