Two males Pekín ducks solution. Get female?

PollitolovesPio

Songster
7 Years
Nov 30, 2016
Hi guys. Greeting from Florida. So here is my dilemma. I have a male duck awaiting surgery for his hip this Friday May 29 but I had to start separating the other male because he thinks he is a she or something like that but you get the idea. They love being around each other but it’s for safety reason that I must put a little mesh and separate they. They can see other but not have one climb on the other. The Recovery for Halo is probably Six to eight weeks so I was wondering if I should get wiggles the other male a female. God willing a quieter one. Please let me your suggestions. Hopefully we get this all done nicely and everyone happy. Including mom over here. Thank you and a bless safe and awesome Memorial Day to you all.

Hi guys. Greeting from Florida. So here is my dilemma. I have a male duck awaiting surgery for his hip this Friday May 29 but I had to start separating the other male because he thinks he is a she or something like that but you get the idea. They love being around each other but it’s for safety reason that I must put a little mesh and separate they. They can see other but not have one climb on the other. The Recovery for Halo is probably Six to eight weeks so I was wondering if I should get wiggles the other male a female. God willing a quieter one. Please let me your suggestions. Hopefully we get this all done nicely and everyone happy. Including mom over here. Thank you and a bless safe and awesome Memorial Day to you all.
Sorry to hear about your hurt duck. :hmm I have 7 ducks myself. I have a group of 3 duck hens and 1 male, and a group of 3 males. I've seen my male group play "hop on top" and I have seen my females in the other group do the same thing with each other. It's a social thing as well as a dominance thing. They are social creatures. It's just how they are. That being said..... if you want to add more to your flock that's up to you. You may have a rough patch of reintroducing your duck after healing regardless if you add more ducks or not simply because of excitement and a re-establishing of who is going to be boss. You do mention in your post, "god willing a quieter one".... are you sure it isn't already a female one? Male ducks sounds raspy and are quieter and females have more of a clear grunt and louder quack.

Ahh. Yes it’s two males. I have friends with loud females and they honk. Ihey are super cute but loud as heck. Well Halo and wiggles do enjoy each other company and when supervised I do leave them together I work from home so thank God that easy to keep an eye on them now and during Halos recovery too. I am just super nervous. We have the best team of doctors and anesthesiologists but. You know how we duck moms are. The drs are Dr Don Harris from the south Florida wildlife center top of the line surgeon here and his vet is Dr Sam Backos from Deerfield Beach. Please keep our baby in your prayers. I have been so nervous I can’t really sleep well. You know how it is. I will definitely add to the flock with females but later on after his recover. Thank you for your words. 🦋❤️🙏

Ahh. Yes it’s two males. I have friends with loud females and they honk. Ihey are super cute but loud as heck. Well Halo and wiggles do enjoy each other company and when supervised I do leave them together I work from home so thank God that easy to keep an eye on them now and during Halos recovery too. I am just super nervous. We have the best team of doctors and anesthesiologists but. You know how we duck moms are. The drs are Dr Don Harris from the south Florida wildlife center top of the line surgeon here and his vet is Dr Sam Backos from Deerfield Beach. Please keep our baby in your prayers. I have been so nervous I can’t really sleep well. You know how it is. I will definitely add to the flock with females but later on after his recover. Thank you for your words. 🦋🙏
Ahh, I understand better now. And it is completely understandable to be worried! :hugs I will definitely keep you in my prayers. Best of luck to you all! :fl

Back
Top Bottom