Two of my chickens are lethargic and stopped laying eggs. Help?

Kuritza

In the Brooder
Sep 10, 2021
Two of my 7 month old chickens randomly stopped laying a few days ago. I also noticed that they seem lethargic, and they keep laying down whenever they can and ruffling their feathers. What would this be? I noticed some of the chickens poop appears to be watery and kind of green, which might be a part of the issue. Their diet is balanced, they don’t seem to be bothered by any predators, it just seems kind of out of the blue. All the other chickens are laying and acting just fine.

Here are a few photos:
3C6C9CC9-5D23-43C3-8461-EBB5BCDDAC54.png
C3EFA8C2-A97B-48C9-BA32-6DC6C4855B81.png

4758AA61-E50E-46EB-82B0-4C66B1FBC7F8.jpeg

I know you can’t tell much from these photos, but she is pretty tired looking ☹

Here’s a photo of the greenish poop:
158C4D4C-1484-450F-8A1D-EF98606B896A.jpeg

24681B4F-14D7-4FBE-838C-8F2FE4233C05.jpeg

Does anyone know what this is? What should I do? Any help would be much appreciated.

What do you mean when you say their diet is balanced? What are you feeding them? Do they have unlimited access to layer feed 100% of the time, as well as grit?

Feel their crops and their abdomens, do either feel large/watery/hard?

What do you mean when you say their diet is balanced? What are you feeding them? Do they have unlimited access to layer feed 100% of the time, as well as grit?

Feel their crops and their abdomens, do either feel large/watery/hard?
Yes they have access to layer feed and grit all the time, which accounts for 90% of their diet. The rest it grazing on grass and grubs, as well as the occasional vegetable scrap.
As for their crops, both of them aren't eating very much and they are close to empty. Their abdomens seem to feel the same as the others, they seem normal to me.

Today I made a warm mash out of the chicken feed for the two girls because they weren't interested in the plain feed, and they ate a little bit of it, although not very much.

I'm still not sure what exactly is the problem :(

Did you ever treat your flock last month with Corid, or get a fecal float to look for worms or coccidiosis when your last bird was acting ill?

Back
Top Bottom