two peafowl with sinus infection

kathydoolittle

Songster
10 Years
Dec 14, 2009
Pittsburg KS
sad.png
I have 2 India BLue peafowl. They both have sinus infection. I have been treating them with tylan. It doesn't seem to be helping. The nearest vet that will see them is over 2 1/2 Hours away. I would be very happy and thankful for any sugestions. Thank you in advance.

Are you using Tylan 200? if so give them a shot 1cc at the base of the neck just under the skin. Tylan 50 for Peafowl is like giving them water.

Or find some Baytrl give them 1/2 to 1cc depending on age of bird, you should be able to get this from any Vet tell them you have a calf with Pneumonia if they ask because sometimes they will not sell to you if they know it is for birds.

Last edited:
Actually, my vet is opposite. They'll give me whatever I ask for if it's for the birds, I think they are afraid if they don't that I'll actually bring the bird in to them. They DON'T want me to bring poultry in.
roll.png

Quote:
Your vet sounds like my vet but he gives me whatever I need for all of my feral cats. The first time he saw one of my feral cats years ago, the cat tore his office UP and him and the vet techs as well!!!! Every since then, I call them and tell them the problem and tell them what I need. They tell me to pick up the meds ASAP. I keep a stock of all kinds of meds or my cats.

kathydoolittle, I don't have much experience with peafowl but I agree with everyone as far as the Tylan. That is what I have given my Tom turkey before in the past when he had a sinus infection and he was fine within days.

Tyan 50 or 100 I use 1 cc if tyan 200 then 1/2 cc. Have cure many with the tyan 50 just give double what you would with the 200.

Back
Top Bottom