Two peahens two problems. Experts help needed

Zohaib

Songster
Mar 21, 2016
Pakistan
(1)
A five year old peahen is lazy lethargic droopy wings not eating and drinking for 3 days, today i decided to check for possible egg bound by inserting a gloved finger in cloaca but felt nothing like egg.
I dewormed her short ago for any possible worms.
IMG-20200404-WA0049.jpeg

(2)
Another 7 years old peahen has upper respiratory infection her eye's are swollen for about more than a month i treated her with every possible medicine.
4 days course with tylosin 200 under breast skin and two times below the eye in mucus pouch.
4 days with Gentamicin in breast muscle
3 days with powder antibiotics,
None of them helped
I use to extract mucus with syringe every two to three day's so that she can see and eat and it repeatedly refills with mucus.
Your guidance may heal the poor souls.
IMG20200314180036.jpg

The first hen is def egg bound, I suggest that you give her calcium gluconate both orally and by SQ injection. I am glad to see that you are giving the second hen Tylan 200 by SQ, I would go back to that and give 1.50ml SQ once per day for five days. It is a bit more than I usually give but I know that for really stubborn cases that amount will work.

Your Tylan 200 is a Chinese product ... yellow water ...!
Two drops of tylan 200 ON the eye ... and it's over!

The first hen is def egg bound, I suggest that you give her calcium gluconate both orally and by SQ injection. I am glad to see that you are giving the second hen Tylan 200 by SQ, I would go back to that and give 1.50ml SQ once per day for five days. It is a bit more than I usually give but I know that for really stubborn cases that amount will work.
Unfortunately the first hen didn't survive and left.
I did postmortem and found yellow like substance probably egg yolk with 3 small soft underdevelopment eggs.
IMG20200405120621.jpg

Unfortunately the first hen didn't survive and left.
I did postmortem and found yellow like substance probably egg yolk with 3 small soft underdevelopment eggs.
IMG20200405120621.jpg
So sorry for your loss. :hugs Looks like she have a reproductive tract infection.

Back
Top Bottom