two pullets the same age looking very different

Kiwiheather

Chirping
12 Years
Aug 20, 2011
Here are some (not great) pics of what I think are exchequer leghorns. They are both about 18 weeks old but Lucy has developed a large floppy comb and ethel, still very small. They are from mcmurrarys "rainbow layer" assortment and I have had them since they were a day old. Do they mature at different speeds or do I have a roo on my hands?
barnie.gif
Any help is appreciated!

The pics don't enlarge when I click them, so I really can't see much, they're way too small. But, from what I can tell, they're both hens. Chickens mature at different rates just like humans. Walk down the hall of any middle school and look at the girls and you'll see what I mean.

The pics don't enlarge when I click them, so I really can't see much, they're way too small. But, from what I can tell, they're both hens. Chickens mature at different rates just like humans. Walk down the hall of any middle school and look at the girls and you'll see what I mean.
Agreed. They're both pullets, but you'll have to wait for eggs from the smaller-combed bird. The bird with the large comb will lay any day now.

thanks so much..that's what I was hoping but they look SO different, it made me nervous!

Back
Top Bottom