Two questions

ChickyKitty85

In the Brooder
Jun 29, 2015
I have two questions, with it being so hot do I need to add electrolytes or anything extra to my chickens water to make sure they stay healthy? And if so what kind of electrolytes can I use? I know you can buy the packets of stuff but it's quite a drive for me to a feed store, can I use gatorade? Or pickle juice?

I have two questions, with it being so hot do I need to add electrolytes or anything extra to my chickens water to make sure they stay healthy?  And if so what kind of electrolytes can I use?  I know you can buy the packets of stuff but it's quite a drive for me to a feed store, can I use gatorade? Or pickle juice?

Where do you live and what breeds do you have?

I live in ND, it gets 90+ most days in July and early August. I just make sure my birds have cool water, plenty of shade, and can dust bath. I replace their water 4 times a say yo keep it cool.

Live in TN and it's been pretty dang hot here, I have sex links and they have plenty of shade and have been changing the water several times a day. Just want to make sure that there's not more I should be doing!
tongue2.gif

You can add electrolytes if you want. If they don't need it I wouldn't though.

Just my preference though.

X2

It is personal preference of course, but for hot weather care - fresh clean cold water a couple of times a day, shade and a few cold/frozen treats would be best.

I would save the electrolytes until they are needed.

My recipe:
Things you need:
Veggies
Water
Freezer
And a container

Here's how to make it:
Put water in a container,and put all the veggies in it and freeze it!
Mine love it!
Kyndra.

Back
Top Bottom