Two quick questions

Saerasx

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 6, 2014
Beaverton, OR
I have two quick questions that just popped into my head today, first, I have one of those circular metal feeders and the chicks havent taken too much of a dent out of it, and from what I can tell havent soiled the actual food inside the feeder. How often do I need to add fresh food, and what I mean by that is dump whats in there and add new food? Or is it best to wait for it to run low and then add more? Second, I have been reading that scrambled egg chopped up very fine is a very good treat for them, but is that just plain scrambled egg? or egg with butter? Im sure this is a silly question but I want to ask because we have an induction range so I can only use stainless steel or cast iron, so stainless steel it is- and if I dont use butter (we do grass fed butter) its a pain in the butt to clean lol- I already cook eggs for my husband and daughter and having to clean it in between so anything to make things quicker! Though, I do love the chicks and will scrub a little extra harder if I have to :)

Last edited:

azelgin

Songster
12 Years
Jan 18, 2008
S.E. AZ
You can wait until the feeder runs down, before you fill it. No need to throw it out.
Egg with butter is fine. The reason behind eggs as a treat is because they don't need any grit in their system, to digest it..
Hard boiled eggs work, too. No butter needed.

Saerasx

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 6, 2014
Beaverton, OR
Thanks! I have been offering chick grit to them, which the LOVE, but Im unsure if I should be offering anything at this stage, I think they are a couple of days to a week old.

Top Bottom