Two racoons! Wat do?!?!

A predator-proof coop and run is best. They can tear hardware cloth off if it's only been stapled. Use screws and washers.

I haven't seen raccoons attack during the day, but they can be active just before/after dawn and dusk. In the daytime, you're more likely to have hawks attack. Free-ranging always has potential for losses.
I know, I just feel bad leaving them cooped all the time.

So, door on the back of my eglu open with a turney thing BUT it doesn't actually open without force. It takes me a couple tries to get it open because it get stuck on something. I am just hoping the racoons are not stronger than me.

With my luck, the one time it opens easily will be when the racoons is trying to open it.

A predator-proof coop and run is best. They can tear hardware cloth off if it's only been stapled. Use screws and washers.

I haven't seen raccoons attack during the day, but they can be active just before/after dawn and dusk. In the daytime, you're more likely to have hawks attack. Free-ranging always has potential for losses.
The only reason I've never lost a chicken to predators is I use hardware cloth on my coops and runs and don't free range them during the day. I refuse to trap or kill predators .

Here they often attacked during the day, but also at night. They even observes us closely to find out our daily routines and always attacked when I was off to grocery shopping or similar.

Urine (men, women, dogs etc.) will not keep them away, so better hurry up finishing your coop and run and set out traps.

Back
Top Bottom