Two sneezing baby chicks, help!

How old are they?

How big is their brooder?
Dimensions and pics would help.

Vetrx and prayers will have about the same affect.
My guess is dust in the brooder making them sneeze.
You were right!! Thank goodness!! Too much dust in the brooders. After a crazy stressful 72 hours ( on my end at least lol) after pulling them out of the brooders, to see if it was the dust, I put my play pen from outside in my dining room and laid down old sheets and kept them there these last couple of days as I sat with them and watched. No other symptoms but then little puffs of air out their nostrils. Did what you guys suggested by airing out the pine bedding before putting in the brooder and everyone is eating, drinking and playing!!! Thank goodness!!
Still having issues with the chicks that can fly, flying into the ducks brooder so we’re going to put up some netting around their brooder tonight.
I can’t thank you guys enough for your quick responses and help! I totally panicked bc this is all new to me and I’d be devastated if I did something wrong or missed something and I lost one of my girls.
They all seem happy and moving around like little maniacs!
Any other tips to keep the dust level down when doing bedding changes?
Once again thank you, ALL OF YOU!

You were right!! Thank goodness!! Too much dust in the brooders. After a crazy stressful 72 hours ( on my end at least lol) after pulling them out of the brooders, to see if it was the dust, I put my play pen from outside in my dining room and laid down old sheets and kept them there these last couple of days as I sat with them and watched. No other symptoms but then little puffs of air out their nostrils. Did what you guys suggested by airing out the pine bedding before putting in the brooder and everyone is eating, drinking and playing!!! Thank goodness!!
Still having issues with the chicks that can fly, flying into the ducks brooder so we’re going to put up some netting around their brooder tonight.
I can’t thank you guys enough for your quick responses and help! I totally panicked bc this is all new to me and I’d be devastated if I did something wrong or missed something and I lost one of my girls.
They all seem happy and moving around like little maniacs!
Any other tips to keep the dust level down when doing bedding changes?
Once again thank you, ALL OF YOU!
You're welcome

How old are they?

How big is their brooder?
Dimensions and pics would help.

Vetrx and prayers will have about the same affect.
My guess is dust in the brooder making them sneeze.
Oh and yes I bought the vetRx and then heard from others
Put them out in the coop!
they’re still only 3 weeks old. I was planning on putting them in the coop at 6 weeks? Is that the appropriate time once they’re feathered?

they’re still only 3 weeks old. I was planning on putting them in the coop at 6 weeks? Is that the appropriate time once they’re feathered?
Do you have existing birds?
Depending on your climate, they can go out sooner that 6 weeks.
Or if you have power in the coop you can take their heat out with them.
They should be fine at 4 weeks without heat...start weaning them off the heat now.

Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, (laptop version shown), then it's always there!
upload_2019-9-12_20-30-8.png

Back
Top Bottom