Two subjects I just saw on the news..............

KingsCalls

Songster
12 Years
Oct 22, 2007
New Market,Tn.
One: I just saw that Wal-Mart refuses to supply names of people that purchase over their limit of over the counter drugs that can be used to make METH ! Officials say that under the law, Wal-Mart is obligated tp supply the names and Wal-Mart says, they are not giving them up! I guess we'll see if Wal-Mart is above the LAW! If they win(Wal-Mart) that will be a bad sign that "big business" can just do what they want.
Two: Maytag...........in Iowa just closed their last plant in Newton, Iowa. I hate to see anyone lose their job. I guess Maytag will have to hire more "repairmen" now. They were bought out by Whirpool........I've never saw a Whirpool repairman with nothing to do.
All this just goes to show that Wal-Mart would rather support METH makers, than DO THE RIGHT THING! AND, Never think that your job is secure. Big Business never thinks of the people that got them to were they are!

This will be a hot subject here. I for one will not buy pseudophedrine if I have to go on a list and be limited. A drug that is not prescription should not be limited in over the counter sales. I would rather the Meth heads just kill themselves off like natural selection-only the intelligent survive!-than me have to be treated like some criminal. I have hated this ever since they started those lists and you'll find alot of people do. No, Walmart should not be above the law, but in this case, the law is stupid, IMO.
***Adding that I used to buy several boxes of the generic pseudophedrine at Walmart all the time because I went to the store only twice a month and suffered from sinus headaches. Now, I wont.

Yea for Wal-mart, I'm so tired of being regulated to death!!
barnie.gif
Why am I always being penalized for what a few stupid people do? I'm glad that finally somebody is sticking up for me and not handing over my name for doing nothing wrong. It's time we all say enough is enough.

Last edited:
I so agree with Speckled Hen and Lonecowboy!

Last winter I went to a 24 hour wal-mart to get my son some medication for his cough and cold.

I was treated like I was trying to get away with something. Had to wait 45 minutes till the pharmacy opened up and speak with a pharmacist about my sick son and his symptoms. Too funny!

**The natural selection thing is the best idea I've heard.

Yup, I'm with the majority here. We shouldn't have to be punished for the few rotten eggs in the bunch!

**On a side note a while back I saw they were started to run graphic, true to life anti-meth adds on TV and on billboards. Has anyone seen these in their area? They beat the heck out of those "This is your brain on drugs" with the egg in the frying pan adds. So far it seems to be keeping kids away from it. I think they were airing them in the North Midwest (Montana, Utah, etc.) they need them country wide. Just curious if anyone has seen them.

When I was pg with my son I had an aweful sinus infection that went into my chest. Sudafed is the only thing my doctor would let me take. I had no choice but to suffer miserably or sign the paper to get it from behind the counter.

I agree with speckledhen - let the meth heads kill themselves. Lye for soap making is now regulated because the stupid meth heads are using it for what - making meth! They are insane!

Last edited:
I have not seen the billboards here but I have seen the posters of the meth addicts around, the ones with the before and after pics. That should scare the bejeebies out of propective users.

I'm torn here. I do not like big brother Government. However, I would like to see the law get assistance with catching the makers of this horrible drug. I have no problems with the natural selection thing. Its just the gullable children that makes me pause

Given enough time, drug lords will find a way to use dirt to make drugs, and then the government can try to regulate how much dirt we're allowed to have in our yards!!

Back
Top Bottom