1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Two Tyson chicks

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by redneck, May 29, 2007.

1. redneck

redneck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2007
    Lynchburg,Tn.
    I would like to take the time to introduce myself. I am new to chickens. I have been wanting some chickens for some time now. My twins hatched these in the 1st grade. They are Tyson chicks, don't know what they are? Breed or sex. I scored a shopping cart holder from our local Dollar General store. The run is about 3' L X2' H X 18" W. The house is the same dimensions. I know this is not big enough for them, it is only temporary. They were making such a mess in there brooder. I will be taking a step-by-step picture essay of my chicken tractor that I will be building. I will be posting pics and dimensions. I
    really enjoy the forums and if anybody lives in the Lynchburg, Tn. area shoot me a e-mail.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    You're so creative! I love all the different things you've built for your chickens. I'm looking forward to seeing your chicken tractor pictures, too.

Edited to add, you have some very cute children there and that little dog looks enthralled. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2007
  3. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Job well done! the chicks and your kids are adorable![​IMG]

4. michellerene

michellerene Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    Graham, WA
    "Tyson" as in the Tyson chicken processing plant? [​IMG]

5. Freebie

Freebie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Bloomingdale, MI
    Quote:I was wondering that myself. And you are very creative. That is an awesome little set up you have there.

6. Judymae

Judymae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2007
    Merit, Tx
    I love the way you used recycled materials! The dog is adorable! Along with the kiddos!

7. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Nice set up. Your birds look like cornish crosses... a meat bird... meant to go to slaughter at 8 weeks old...

8. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Forget temporary. WIth just 2 birds this looks perfect. I just love it!

9. redneck

redneck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2007
    Lynchburg,Tn.
    Yes, they are chicks from the Tyson Plant. Tyson gives the first grade eggs every year. Each class hatches them, and then can take them home.

10. allen wranch

allen wranch Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    San Marcos, TX
    What a great idea for a coop ! I love recylcling.

I like the electric fence around the outside. The birds would be a little safer though if you ran an electric wire higher and across the top of the coop. At the moment a predator could easily jump to the top of the coop without touching the lower wire.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by