Two week old chick sneezing and slightest gurgling

Misskay1313

In the Brooder
Mar 19, 2024
I am concerned about my chick, she has been eating, drinking, moving and pooping regularly, she just sneezes every once in a while, with a tiny gurgle noise in her throat. I'm currently putting vetrx under her wings, it seems to help a little. She also talks a lot, and is an only chick. is this chick pneumonia? or a respiratory disease?? Any help at all would be amazing.

Last edited:
There is also no runny nose or eyes, she is kept under a chick heat plate and has food and water available at all times- Info that may or may not be important- I rescued her 3 days ago from cats as she was being stalked but not attacked. Her mom abandoned her and will not take her back, she is also kept inside my room at all times.

Try probiotics and egg yolk. If that doesn't clear it up you could try tylosin, or lincomycin -spectinomycin powder, both available OTC.

There is also no runny nose or eyes, she is kept under a chick heat plate and has food and water available at all times- Info that may or may not be important- I rescued her 3 days ago from cats as she was being stalked but not attacked. Her mom abandoned her and will not take her back, she is also kept inside my room at all times.
Also make sure she isn't exposed to a draft in your room.

Update: She is doing better after feeding her with yolk and probiotics, should I continue to feed her with egg yolk or should she be ok?

Update: She is doing better after feeding her with yolk and probiotics, should I continue to feed her with egg yolk or should she be ok?
Great to hear! They say to continue with 'treatment' for a few days after symptoms improve. Chickens love egg yolks as treats even if they're not sick!

Back
Top Bottom