Two week old cockerel chicks

What breed? Separating likely won’t actually help with the aggression, just keep him from hurting others. What exactly do you mean by brutal fighting? Is he only fighting other cockerels?

He's fighting other cockerels. Trying to pin the youngest cockerel down and peck him. Pulled out the chick fuzz off the cockerels head. The dominant chick is an olive egger mom and Easter egger dad. He's trying to dominate the cockerel that's from an ee mom and dad.

He's fighting other cockerels. Trying to pin the youngest cockerel down and peck him. Pulled out the chick fuzz off the cockerels head. The dominant chick is an olive egger mom and Easter egger dad. He's trying to dominate the cockerel that's from an ee mom and dad.
Does he do it to female chicks? That does sound very aggressive. I personally have never dealt with or heard of cockerels doing that at just two weeks old.

He's not like that with the girls. The boys were doing the regular chest bumping at first and today it escalated. He didn't draw blood on the younger rooster. Ugh cocks! Lol

He's not like that with the girls. The boys were doing the regular chest bumping at first and today it escalated. He didn't draw blood on the younger rooster. Ugh cocks! Lol
He's most likely just establishing his pecking order and showing who's boss. However this does sound pretty intense so just keep a eye on them and see how long this continues for.

Ugh, he's in time out now. I'll put him back with the others at night. He's not very happy right now
Attitude! Wow he sounds like a grumpy boy. He may grow out of it. One of my EE Roos went through meanie phase, spring hormones, then by Aug he was a sweetheart again & he's been a sweetie since, 2 yrs old now. While in his meanie phase he even tried to spur my new boots, then I spoke to him & he looked me up & down...figured out the obnoxious new red boots with chickens all over them were attached to me Lol. He is back with the other Roos in the bachelor coop, nice & huggable again.

Keep an eye on your little guy, but don't write him off just yet.

20201208_203549.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom