protective roosters in rural setting

ACMEAJAX

Hatching
Jan 4, 2024
I have a theory, if u raise several roosters from chicks and play with and pet all them and then pick the dominant one and eventually control him even if u smack him a good one when he is attacking you, from then on he will jump in your arms and defend the flock aggressively, killing rodents, chasing fox, cats, coons and skunks, will die in a fight with larger cats, dogs or larger predators, but will infict major damage. Has anyone else observed this kind of behaviour? I mean really wacking the rooster, like before he rips his spurs into ur legs, like really fight him and win.......

I have a theory, if u raise several roosters from chicks and play with and pet all them and then pick the dominant one and eventually control him even if u smack him a good one when he is attacking you, from then on he will jump in your arms and defend the flock aggressively, killing rodents, chasing fox, cats, coons and skunks, will die in a fight with larger cats, dogs or larger predators, but will infict major damage. Has anyone else observed this kind of behaviour? I mean really wacking the rooster, like before he rips his spurs into ur legs, like really fight him and win.......
Terrorizing any creature into submission is not an option that should even be considered.
Your theory doesn't and won't work.

If you want him to die in defense of his flock, that would mean he keeps attacking until something kills him. If he keeps attacking you until YOU kill him, he isn't there to be killed by another predator.

Some roosters think that people are predators. (This is not helpful: a rooster like that is wasting his time fighting people, when he should be looking for actual predators.)

Some roosters think that people are roosters to be dominated. (This is not helpful either: a rooster like that is wasting his time trying to dominate you, when he should be looking for predators.)

Some roosters figure out that people are like horses or fenceposts or cars: not predators but not roosters either. THAT is the kind of rooster you probably want: one smart enough to recognize what is a predator and what is a chicken and what is not either one. That lets him focus on fighting the actual threats.

Last edited:
Beating a rooster is NOT going to give you the result you’re looking for. I suggest that you find another theory to work off of that doesn’t entail hitting an animal to achieve the result you want. Your theory is invalid. Just my opinion.

This is literally the stupidest thing I've heard all week, and mind you that's up against some really stiff competition!

You joined the forum at 1:34 AM today. At 1:42 you posted this exact same thing as a reply to someone else's question, then at 1:46 you cut-and-pasted the same nonsense here.

Jog on, troll. 4Chan is where you belong.

Jog on, troll.
Winner Winner Win GIF by giphystudios2021

Back
Top Bottom