Two week old duckling just started with splayed leg

They go back and forth between my bedroom and the bathroom
Do you have a duck house outside? they are growing so fast they will be feathered in and ready for it soon. lol

I think that is very cool that you have given them so much room much better than stuffed into a container they out grow so fast.

If your going to have them in longer, Sams club has a huge package of pee pads for under 20.00 I buy mine there to use with my lil ones when I have them.

Last edited:
My son is in the process of building their duck house and it should be ready within the next two days. It will have electricity so I can put a brooder light out there. They are growing so fast it is unbelievable. Thank you for the info at Sam's Club. I have 3 boxes of the wee wee pads left. But next time I need them I will definitely go to Sam's. Right now I am paying $37 a box

My son is in the process of building their duck house and it should be ready within the next two days. It will have electricity so I can put a brooder light out there. They are growing so fast it is unbelievable. Thank you for the info at Sam's Club. I have 3 boxes of the wee wee pads left. But next time I need them I will definitely go to Sam's. Right now I am paying $37 a box
I believe it's 125 pads for around 17.00 at the Sams closest to us, you may have gotten a better deal than that?

No I am not getting a better deal. I am only getting a hundred pads. I'm buying them at the pet store. They just opened a Sam's Club about 10 miles from me and I do have a membership so I will be going there. Thank you for the information I really really appreciate it

The one Duck with a splayed legs is doing much better. I did put that little doodad on its legs overnight and it worked. I do think that the pee pee pads had something to do with it so luckily now I'm putting the shavings on top of the pee pee pads and it's working out much better

The one Duck with a splayed legs is doing much better. I did put that little doodad on its legs overnight and it worked. I do think that the pee pee pads had something to do with it so luckily now I'm putting the shavings on top of the pee pee pads and it's working out much better
Glad to hear it. They need good traction it makes a difference.

Good news your going to be able to go to Sams and get the pee pads too wow what a difference in price.

I had my 3 week ducklings on my back porch to get some sunlight. I ran into the house for no more than three minutes, when I went to the kitchen sink to wash my hands and saw out the window two buzzards that had landed in my backyard going towards the ducklings. My dog and I ran outside and the buzzards flew off. Needless to say I got all the Ducks back inside and put the chickens away in the coop. That was a close call. I'm getting to old for this much stress. Whew!

Back
Top Bottom