two week old seramas crop problem?

Baralak

Songster
9 Years
Sep 12, 2010
West "By God" Monroe, La
This is my first time to raise seramas, and all 4 of mine have a grape sized crops. They are only 2 weeks old. It feels a little firmer than a water balloon, and didn't know if that was normal. I changed their brooder yesterday and put in some fresh hay. They are eating 20% starter that has been ground, and water nothing else. They are active, eatning, drinking, flying on top of me head, and pooing. Please let me know if this is normal, and if not what do I need to do?

Last edited:
Ok... now I'm worried.. They are now almost 3 weeks old, and that grape size lump which I guess is a crop, on the front, left side if facing the bird, is still distended. The down around it is starting to look ratty. I'm going to take a pic of it. This is really only affecting one of the birds, the rest get this way at night, then by morning it is gone. They are all healty other than that. Just seems every night the same.

This is one of their crops... One thing that I do notice.. is that their poo.. is quite Firm.... Bottom is poo shot.
67636_101_0509.jpg

67636_101_0508.jpg

67636_101_0525.jpg

Do you think they are eating hay... But the weirdest thing is that in the morning after they slept all night, it will be either a lot smaller, or gone. But it is SOOOOOO large at night. I know that it isn't normal, but I just don't know what to do.. First thing is that I think I am going to give them something softer for a couple of days.. Maybe yogart, or some soft bread. I'm going to take the hay out of their brooder, and go with some larger pine shavings.. TSC has aspen shavings would this work for them?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom