Two weird eggs today

Queenofchicks

Chirping
Mar 23, 2021
Antelope California
So I know free layers lay weird eggs, and it’s been kinda hot here…. But today I got two weird eggs. One was a bullet egg that was wrinkled, and I’m pretty sure it was her first egg so I’m not too concerned. But than my buff Orpington laid a weird lumpy egg that looked like it hadn’t hardened all the way. Both shells aren’t strong though. They have oyster shells, and egg shells, is it just heat stress you think?

Attachments

• 0D256CD8-4D65-44FA-B72C-D8A5230C6B1A.jpeg
    0D256CD8-4D65-44FA-B72C-D8A5230C6B1A.jpeg
    356.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 0F75CE42-FF72-46CC-ADD9-715082DD7F64.jpeg
    0F75CE42-FF72-46CC-ADD9-715082DD7F64.jpeg
    378.8 KB · Views: 21
So I know free layers lay weird eggs, and it’s been kinda hot here…. But today I got two weird eggs. One was a bullet egg that was wrinkled, and I’m pretty sure it was her first egg so I’m not too concerned. But than my buff Orpington laid a weird lumpy egg that looked like it hadn’t hardened all the way. Both shells aren’t strong though. They have oyster shells, and egg shells, is it just heat stress you think?
*new layers not free lol although they do free range

I just got 2 weird ones today, like the one on the right in your pictures. My girls are over a year old, eat oyster shell & the eggs are strong so I'm curious about this too! We did just have a couple hot then rainy/flooded days this week so I'm thinking stress?

Back
Top Bottom