1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ty

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by dachshundluver1232, Mar 5, 2011.

1. dachshundluver1232

dachshundluver1232 New Egg

Mar 3, 2011
    I would like to thank all of ze peoples tht didnt use the message " u really shouldnt post ur age if ur young" in their posts. and lots of peoples didnt post tht. no, they posted "Welcome To BYC from...AZ!" ty to all those ppls

2. Ema

Ema Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    N. Ontario CANADA
    the reason they likely told you not to post your age if you are young is because they are trying to protect you, after all you are on the internet. BYC is very family friendly and the mods work hard to keep it safe but they cannot be everywhere all at once. With that said, Glad you joined us, and I hope you will stick around and share some chicken stories with us.
    [​IMG]

Ema

3. dachshundluver1232

dachshundluver1232 New Egg

Mar 3, 2011
    well after i get one notice its enough. i dont need like 20 ppl tellin me the same thing. its just plain stupid.

4. Cacciatore

Cacciatore Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2011
    San Pablo, CA
    Don't take it personally, they were only trying to help. I doubt that the twentieth person knew there were nineteen before them. Anyway Welcome. [​IMG]

5. 10 point

10 point country boy

Feb 19, 2011
    LaFayette, NY
    [​IMG] from ny

6. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Ohio
    Yes, I remember that thread. I'm one of the old guys that did post his age, but if you are young you need to be even more cautious. You are family and we are here to protect you. [​IMG]

7. zaybird77

zaybird77 Out Of The Brooder

May 13, 2010
    [​IMG] form VA!!!!!

8. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] from Hesperia, Ca and [​IMG]

9. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from FL

Just think of us as a bunch of moms, dad, aunts, uncles, and grandparents to the younger members. We will be quick to tell you if we feel you are doing something unsafe. [​IMG] We will be just as quick to help you out if you have a question or problem. [​IMG]

You will get used to us. [​IMG]

10. NewHomesteader2010

NewHomesteader2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Johnston County, NC
    [​IMG] from NC!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by