Tylan 50 and bactracillan mix

No, don't mix these two antibiotics. Give them separately.
You can sometimes mix vaccines and oral drugs, but it's never a good idea to mix parenteral drugs. They are formulated in different ways, some are aqueous, some are in oil, some will precipitate out and cause sludge, or won't mix, or will be otherwise incompatible. It's a bad idea to mix them.

Hi, welcome to BYC! :frow

Why would you want to? Seems like knowing what you are treating for and using the right drug to begin with would be best. Anti biotics are hard on the system and throwing things at an already weakened bird can just push them over the edge. :hmm

Sorry I don't actually know the answer. Over use is such a problem I just thought I would ask. Obviously you wouldn't be asking if you didn't have an issue... hope you bird(s) recover quickly! :fl

Maybe offer some probiotics too if you can. :)

So I had a hen attacked the other night. She has had a clear mucus discharge since the attcak. She has been on Tylan 50. She has had some improvement with the Tylan I was wanting to start treating with bactracillin Incase she has an infection other than respiratory. I don’t have a vet in the area that is affordable the one near buy charged me $150 to tell me my hen was dead.

Just wondering what you are treating? What symptoms? Both of those have to be given separately.
But I can give them in conjunction with each other. Treating a slimy mucus discharge from my hens beak she was attacked the other night. Has not really been eating much has been taking fluids.

What symptoms are you seeing that you think need an antibiotic? Most people don’t use them in chickens unless really needed. A respiratory disease such as mycoplasma (MG) or coryza, or an infected wound might be things to treat. Hens who have had an egg break inside might be another one. The more details you can give, the better. You can use the two drugs at the same time, but it would matter a lot on what symptoms you are treating. Viruses usually do not respond to antibiotics.

But I can give them in conjunction with each other. Treating a slimy mucus discharge from my hens beak she was attacked the other night. Has not really been eating much has been taking fluids.
Sorry to hear about that vet and your other hen. :hugs

Did your current hen have the mucus discharge before she was attacked? Does she have open wounds that you can see? Do you know what attacked her? Any crackly sound as she breaths? What do droppings look like? What are you feeding?

Glad to see ya got some of the (reliably accurate) medicinal heavy weights on your thread now! Thank you @Eggcessive for the time, knowledge, and energy spent being SO helpful to the community. :yesss: I'm decent at looking for clues, but when it comes to meds I am completely clueless...

How old is your hen? Has she laid recently? Does she still have any friends left?

Not eating much is kind of ok even if not ideal... Glad to hear she IS taking fluids... as dehydration is deadly fast. :fl

Back
Top Bottom