1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Tylan 50 dose?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by moodlymoo, May 23, 2012.

1. moodlymoo

moodlymoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2011
    Portland OR
    I am getting conflicting answers on dose and frequency. I need dose for both large and bantam chickens. They have respiratory infections and Sulmet or Duramycin didn't take care of it so I was told to use Tylan 50. Please help with the dose and frequency please

2. Kyoht

Kyoht Out Of The Brooder

May 22, 2012
    Ramsey, IL +18
    You know that Tylan comes in a soluble powder as well. It is also labeled for chickens you mix it with water. The injectable is off label for poultry so you might want to ask your vet friend what they say the dosage is if you are worried. The powder is like the injectable - just powder.

3. Suzierd

Suzierd Overrun With Chickens

Aug 8, 2011
    Oregon
    You can give the Tylan 50 injectable orally 1/4 cc bantum, 1/2 cc standard once a day for five days.

4. Suzierd

Aug 8, 2011
    Oregon
    The Tylan soluble is one teaspoon per Gallon. I bought mine on Amazon it's kind of spendy but it works great. Your chicken needs to be drinking well on it's own to go this route. If a chicken is real sick it might not be drinking. Good luck

5. moodlymoo

Aug 23, 2011
    Portland OR
    A few are not drinking well so I'm going injectable route. I am just not sure on dose because some say 1/2cc im AND 1/2cc subQ for 7-10 days for LF and some say 1cc im for 3 doses every 48hrs and some say like you did...1/2cc im for 5-7 days this all being LF and half the dose for bantams. I just want to see some consistency is all

6. Suzierd

Aug 8, 2011
    Oregon
  7. moodlymoo

Aug 23, 2011
    Portland OR
    That thread doesnt really answer anything...it says 1/2cc im and 1/2 subQ OR you can do all im but 1/2cc well, what about the other 1/2 do you do all 1cc IM or what?

8. Suzierd

Aug 8, 2011
    Oregon
    Just 1/2 cc in mouth once a day for five days no more. If it's a small bird 1/4 cc. Don't go longer then five days.

9. Rockyriver

Rockyriver Out Of The Brooder

Feb 15, 2012
    N.C.
    I gave 3/4 CC on large chickens of Tylan 200. I inject it with needles
    The local chicken farmers told me the Tylan 50 would work, however the 200 was 4 times stronger and really
    always worked better for them, I gave my chickens their first shot Monday and today on Wednesday they look a
    lot better. The only danger to the chickens if you over dose is their kidneys can't handle large doses all at once.
    1/2 to 3/4 CC should not harm a grown chicken. I cannot give help on the bantams. My chickens have Coryza.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  10. daisy17

daisy17 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 5, 2013
    Can I give a 4day old chick tylan 50?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by