Tylan 50 Replacement?!?!?

I know it. I think the guy was kind of idealistic/self-righteous.

I certainly agree that vet care has its place, but you can’t expect people that don’t have access to, or money for vet care, to just sit idly by and let their birds die when a cure can be obtained OTC for like $22.
Question for you:
I have an 10 week old Barred Rock Pullet who started stretching her neck out and looked like she was gasping and also shaking head side to side. I treated for gape worm first since that was suggested here before I tried any antibiotics.

Her nose is still running and still doing the neck stretching and opening mouth and shaking head. Her comb is getting slightly pale so I think I need to try something else.

The only antibiotics that is available near me is (Aspen) Bactracillin G/Penicillin G procaine injectable suspension. I have 22 gauge syringes I bought from TSC.

She only weighs 1 pound as I just weighed her on a digital food scale. What is the best dose I should give her and where should I administer it? Also for how many days in a row? I appreciate all your help in advance. I have given sub Q injections and intramuscular injections in my dogs so I am familiar with both.

Thank you

I unfortunately do not know the dosage for the drug you are asking about. I lost one with the same symptoms you are describing about a month ago. I tried Tylan 50, Lincomycin and NeoMed. Hopefully someone else will see this and give you the dosage directions. Please let me know if it works. Good luck!

I unfortunately do not know the dosage for the drug you are asking about. I lost one with the same symptoms you are describing about a month ago. I tried Tylan 50, Lincomycin and NeoMed. Hopefully someone else will see this and give you the dosage directions. Please let me know if it works. Good luck!
Ok Great and thanks for the response I called my daughter who is a nurse and for a 1 lb chicken it will be .01 ML so I need to run to the store and see if they have a .10 ML syringe and fill it to just .01 doesn't sound like enough but she works in Peds so I guess she knows her dosage charts haha Thanks again and sorry for your loss

Back
Top Bottom