Tylan Substitute?

jaydannaduval

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 7, 2012
Is there a substitute or "home remedy" instead of using Tylan? I found one of my hens yesterday with a swollen eye, she is still eating and drinking and free ranging/hanging out with the rest of the girls. Not sure if this is an infection, or if my rooster grabbed her eye on accident.

I dont have any Tylan or any antibacterial things, and I have apple cider vinegar mixed in with her water. Should I separate her?

thanks!

here is a quick photo of what it looks like (she had some watery bubbles in it today, but they went away.) Also I did a warm compress tonight as well.

if you want to go all natural you can try VETRX in the water but I'm not sure it will do the job. I always use Tylan50 or Baytril for a respiratory illness in my flock and its always worked very well. I'm not sure of a natural remedy besides trying VetRX. hopefully someone else will be able to help. you can get vetRX at the feed store and its all natural if you want to give it a try. I believe its geared towards respiratory issues. a bottle is around 8 dollars I believe. I wouldn't consider it a tylan substitute however it might help in a respiratory situation as a natural remedy. I really hope this helps. perhaps someone else has another natural remedy. I wish you the best of luck. also yes I would separate her .

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom