tylon not working

lindilu

Hatching
Jan 7, 2016
I have also tried the powdered antibiotics from the feed store. The one with the animals on it.
I found out about the tylon but it hasn't made a difference.
Any other suggestions.

1 year old mix breed hen. Finished molting when she developed her symptoms. Which was a swollen eye. And her head is also swollen looks to be sinuses. She is still eating fine and is fiesty.
The other birds have not shown anything.she is on saw horses in a dog kennel.
I had my birds tested for MG. And the other basic tests for npip.this was the only way to test for the MG. Haven't had the results yet.
I have no other place to put her as I purchased chick's 3-4 months ago and was going to put them in with the others however this one is sick so they are in the barn.

What dosage of Tylan have you used, and how big (weight) is your chicken? Antibiotics will only help bacterial and mycoplasma infections, but not viruses. Viruses will run their course over several weeks. Swollen sinuses can be MG, coryza, or from secondary infections such as E.coli and others. Many respiratory infections can cause the whole flock to be carriers. It's good that you got the testing. Here is a good link for respiratory and other diseases and symptoms: http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

It's the one that is used in water. I am not sure how much she weighs. I believe she is a sexlink cross. She doesn't have any puss in her eyes. She looks so miserable, like a sinus infection. Her droppings are normal. No other swelling.she always wants out when I open the door.

In no way a solution, but cleaning the beak - sinus area with warm saline solution may help ease the blocked sinuses. Ditto using triple action antibiotic eye drops (ones for humans) may help a little with the eye issue (or at worst, prevent secondary infections).

Ct

Negative for mg.

Recently her feet look swollen, scaly don't know if it's because she hasn't moved around much in the last two weeks due to me keeping her in the dog kennel. You can see it in the photo as being pink. She has blue legs. She really wants out but I am worried about spreading whatever she has.

I have been using frontline for mite control due to everything else not working. I believe I have used it three times so far and has helped a lot with the silkies. I continue to dust there coop and spray when I clean it out once a month.

Pink in between toes sometimes can be normal in a fertile chicken or rooster. Mycoplasma synovitis (MS) is related to MG, where it can cause some respiratory symptoms, it can cause swelling and infection in the joints of the legs and feet. But in your testing, that should have shown up. Other things that can cause welling in the feet are gout, and viral or other types of bacterial arthritis.

Back
Top Bottom