Type to get…

SuperWhoLockian

Songster
Jun 2, 2021
NEK Vermont
We have 4 Easter Eggers and I am pretty sure the store called them Auracanas last year. Should I order the same? Try something new? Here is a pic of the available chicks to get and 2 pics of the divas we have now. P.S. we live in the NEK Vermont. Our divas are really hearty and good.
B6DB4C54-656B-47BF-9DFE-C8BEC72BB620.jpeg
4EF26F47-BE43-4571-AE56-7000A2993698.jpeg
4B689A9A-33EC-45D3-8CED-4AADC8C9A476.jpeg

All of the breeds on your list, except the first, will lay brown/cream eggs.

NHRs and RIRs are production birds that are bred for laying. They will shower you will eggs. I have two Wyandotte's, they are pretty, but can be a little bossy. Not ALL Wyandotte's will be bossy, just like how not all humans are the same. Orps are known to have good temperaments, but they are also known to go broody. Dealing with a broody hen can get tiring. Brahmas also tend to go broody. I have also had Wyandotte's go broody. Wyandotte's and Brahmas are both cold hardy breeds, but they are all pretty hardy breeds in general. My BR is friendly and lays pretty good.

Honestly, its your choice. If I were you, I would get several breeds and choose your favorite.

All of the breeds on your list, except the first, will lay brown/cream eggs.

NHRs and RIRs are production birds that are bred for laying. They will shower you will eggs. I have two Wyandotte's, they are pretty, but can be a little bossy. Not ALL Wyandotte's will be bossy, just like how not all humans are the same. Orps are known to have good temperaments, but they are also known to go broody. Dealing with a broody hen can get tiring. Brahmas also tend to go broody. I have also had Wyandotte's go broody. Wyandotte's and Brahmas are both cold hardy breeds, but they are all pretty hardy breeds in general. My BR is friendly and lays pretty good.

Honestly, its your choice. If I were you, I would get several breeds and choose your favorite.
I love it! I think that would drive my husband crazy, and I love it!

Back
Top Bottom