Investigating Typing reply on android phone

Discussion in 'Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by Percheron chick, May 24, 2017.

1. Percheron chick

Percheron chick Crowing

Apr 12, 2013
    Boulder, Colorado
    Between the key pad, the ad for Consumer Cellular, the tool bar and the blue web address there is only room to see 2 lines of text. Any way to get rid of all the extra? Frustrating.

2. eggbert420

eggbert420 Songster

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas
    Try google chrome

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator

Are you on the app or in your browser?

The app needs to be updated for our new site. We're working on that.

NorthTexasWink and eggbert420 like this.
  4. Percheron chick

Percheron chick Crowing

Apr 12, 2013
    Boulder, Colorado
    I am using google chrome.

5. Nifty-Chicken

Can you post a screenshot? I'm on an old Nexus 5 (that has a pretty small screen) and I'm seeing more than 2 lines of text:

upload_2017-5-24_23-55-43.png

6. Percheron chick

Percheron chick Crowing

Apr 12, 2013
    Boulder, Colorado
    Screenshot_2017-05-25-09-33-36.png

7. Percheron chick

Percheron chick Crowing

Apr 12, 2013
    Boulder, Colorado
    If the screen advanced with the text you could at least follow along and make corrections.

8. Nifty-Chicken

Which phone model is that? Also, you said it's chrome... do you know the version?

Obviously, one of the big differences is that blank space between the keyboard and the advertisement. I'm not sure what that is from, but I don't see it on my phone.

Any other users have similar problems? If so please post a screenshot or at least let us know which phone and browser version you're using.

9. Percheron chick

Percheron chick Crowing

Apr 12, 2013
    Boulder, Colorado
    It's a LG k7. Last chrome update was May 2. The blank below the ad is where the word I am typing shows and offers variations of that word or logical next word choices. I'm sure there is an official term for the space.

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  10. Nifty-Chicken

Interesting. Is that the stock keyboard? It looks like that keyboard plus the "word predictor thingy" is bigger / taking up more space on your phone than other devices I've tested.

With both Swiftkey and Google's default keyboard, I see at least 5 lines of text.

Maybe others with your phone (and other models) can post some of their screens and post what they see?

KikisGirls likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: