Ugggh - Horrid Temperature Spike - UPDATE Baby Pics!

Quote:
Honestly, all you can do is leave them for a couple of days and candle, checking for life. I know it's a horrifying thing to happen. You may luck out and it was only that high for a couple of minutes before you caught it.

Quote:
Honestly, all you can do is leave them for a couple of days and candle, checking for life. I know it's a horrifying thing to happen. You may luck out and it was only that high for a couple of minutes before you caught it.

thank you , I hope it was just for a few min. but I just don't know

It's day 20 and I have 2 new silkie babies! There are pips in 6 more eggs and 1 has yet to pip.

The new ones are doing excellent, one has such a huge vault on its head that I seriously thought it was deformed. I had to look up some pics to make sure that it was normal. So far it looks like 1 partridge and 1 white. I can't wait to see what I wake up to in the morning. It also has a toe curled under its foot still, but I think I can set that once they are all hatched out. I don't want to risk opening up the bator, these little guys have been through enough.

My brooder is all set up for them, and kitty is pretty excited about having some new entertainment in the house. You know you are a goner when yoomeu see a newly hatched out chick, with slick feathers, bug eyes, looking like an alien and exclaim "oh, it's so cute!"
roll.png
DH loves them
love.gif

He took a ton of pics, I'll post some in the morning.

Sweety, at least you werent WATCHING them cook!

I had the same thing happen to me about a month ago. Checked the bator and saw pippage, went to do the dishes and checked them an hour later only to find they had been cooked. In a single hour they went from pipping to dead at 120+....

Talk about an emotional roller coaster! All within an hour.

Thank you! We are up to 6 now. One still hasn't pipped, but we are officially just starting day 21 now, the others were just overachievers.

That is wretched, Poulets. And they were almost there for you, too. You should have heard some of the colorful language that I was throwing out when I looked at that thermometer and saw 127. Now I am completely paranoid and constantly checking.

Woohoo! Fuzzybums!

I'm so glad things ended well!

ETA
I think I heard the colorful language at this end of town, but I wrote it off as another college thing...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom