UGH...Another Nut-Job In The News...

Quote:
That's too bad that a business has to go to those extremes just to protect itself. At least its obvious they appreciate the work you do. No bigger complement than asking you to come back.

Quote:
Very few people know you can walk into any hospital and "drop off" your baby. No questions asked.

Still..people do know that they can put the child up for adoption...

Last edited:
Quote:
Isn't that sad? I think it should be taught with sex ed.

This woman is obviously a very sick individual. She didn't want to see a Dr for contraceptives.

This astounds me. She would rather be pregnant, deliver, murder and conceal a body EIGHT TIMES than go see a Dr for contraceptives.

I'm just absolutely astounded at the sickness in this world.

Goodness.
Em

It seems that the most incompetent and poverty stricken are also the most fertile.

Rufus

Quote:
That's because it doesn't take as many smart people to run the world. If we are going to clone people, we need to have more average-intelligence, strong-work-ethic people. How many Bill Gates' does it take to start/run Microsoft? Well, you probably don't want two or you have to name the other one "Steve Jobs".

Curious, isn't it? She could have killed those babies in utero (it's called an abortion) and that would have been considered ok. But because she waited until they were born to do it, it is a crime. 8 abortions (if they were known about) might have caused comment from some, but it would hardly have been news-worthy. Actually, she probably wouldn't have had 8 abortions, because her doctor would surely have pointed her toward some other form of birth control. At least, one would hope so.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending her. I agree a person would have to have a screw loose to think that her actions were in any way justifiable. Hers is just about the flimsiest excuse for murder that I have ever heard. There are ways of preventing pregnancy that don't involve doctors, and ways of providing for babies that one hasn't the means/will to raise.

Something about this case reminds me of another woman that I heard about, many years ago. This woman had several babies, and most of them died within a couple of years of birth. She was thought to be a tragic example of how SIDS can "run in families," and was even extensively studied by a doctor that became known as an authority in the field. Sadly, the truth was that she had killed the children herself. She enjoyed the attention that she got from being pregnant, and even the sympathy after the babies' loss, but had no feelings for anyone but herself. There was a serious emotional disconnect there, I suspect a similar problem exists here. I feel sorry for those who care about her, having to deal with this revelation about someone that they love, in the glare of all this publicity. I, too, suspect that there is more going on here than has been revealed, but I won't go so far as to lay blame on any other person yet.

I don't think it has anything to do with being poor or incompetent. If that was the reason, these events would be a lot more common.

Occasionally, I take one of these stories about a 'monster' and delve into it deeper than what the newspapers tell us. Most court cases are pretty much public information, and from time to time, I dig in and see if the 'sensational' news headlines really tell the story. It doesn't take much effort.

Most of the time, they don't. Occasionally the story is about some drug addict, who gets high and does something really violent.

But often, at least in the stories I pick out to track down, I find out there's an awful lot more than that going on, and that the newspaper head lines have been written precisely to outrage us and get us reading the newspaper more (and so the ads) rather than to inform us of what really went on in a factual, decently balanced way.

Examples - kid acting bad at school, attacking kids, mental illness getting worse. Why? Father was taking her medication away from her. Why? So she'd be real sick and acting bad, and no one would believe her when she tried to tell them dad was sexually abusing her younger sister.

I've done this with a few prominently shouted-about cases over the years. It's always been an education!

I've worked a lot with mentally ill people. A few are very sick and can't control their own behavior. It is almost impossible to get them into care these days and they won't go themselves, usually, because the disease itself makes them not trust people. Occasionally people try, but it really is impossible to 'fake' a mental illness, people simply are not able to mimic the thought patterns if they don't have the disease. Today it's very hard to fool anyone, especially since MRI's and pet scans and other measurements can be used in diagnosis now.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom