ugh computers

fowler_chick

Songster
10 Years
Feb 8, 2009
South Western Kansas
ugh.....pulling out hair.......thought i found some thing good......... went to a garage sale today and found a imac g3 for my 4 year old son who is constantly on my lap top playing mickey mouse road ralley or hanging out in mickey mouse club house ( yes he is absesse with the little rodent), turned it on and ll it shows is a pic of a file and a question mark......PLEASE save me!! i have no clue about imacs........

So sorry, friend.
I am a PC.
Best of luck finding a helper!
fl.gif

Brightest Blessings

I have an Intell iMac, I am not sure which version of OSX the G3 uses. But it should run Tiger, see if you find a copy of that somewhere. It would run anything much newer than that.

Wow, I can't believe they purged the operating system!

Well, you're going to need to find an older MAC operating system, as the current OS (Snow Leopard) will not run on older systems (ones that don't have Intel chips). I'm pretty sure the one you bought is older than that. If you can find OSX (Tiger), it will probably work.

I'm sorry I'm not more help, as I'm not sure where you might find them. Your best bet might be to call Apple and ask them directly. I'm sure they'd be able to help you.

Leopard will run on a G5 and maybe a G4 but I doubt if it will run on a G3. Snow leopard is Intel Mac only. I had a G5 before this one and it had Tiger on it, but I upgraded to Leopard. Sorry I don't have the Tiger Disc either.

Back
Top Bottom