Ugh....I hate stupid people!!!

Quote:
I absolutely agree with you in not selling that man chicks. I felt a little bad for telling the guy he should've thought before he purchased, as I can come across b*tchy at times, but I know that if I hadn't said anything it would've eaten at me forever!

Ya can't fix stupid.

When I built my Coop/Run in B.C. (before computers) I spent nearly a year reading, subscribing to magazines, planning. Then built my Coop the year before I ordered the Chicks. Now-a-days, all it takes is a click of the mouse to get information---there is still the problem of weeding out opinions and conjecture to get facts and knowledge, but a little research will remedy that. That's why my BYC page is a pictorial of "How I did it" and "whats been working for a couple decades" to help out a newbie seeking facts.

That sounds like a combination of ignorance and stupidity. The ignorance can be fixed, but in combination with stupidity often isn't.

gryeyes~ i guess it is kind of strange that i posted my first post on this topic. i guess i thought the first post seemed to be a caring person who knew a lot about chickens. i am really looking forward to reading more, of course. and learning tons! our three little chicks seem happy
smile.png
i just joined the freedom gardners forum too, but they are not as active as this one. i am also a member of reptileforums.. and that is all
smile.png
i don't do forums too much, but i do it for the "kids"
smile.png

Quote:
I had someone stop by not long ago asking me if I knew where they could get some chickens, obviously knowing I have chickens because they do not live far from me. So I told them I was just placing an order for some more and if they wanted we could place a joint order seeing that the delivery charge is 30 bucks for each order.

Well they agree and I told them I would email them the website where they could check what type of birds they wanted and get back to me. the next day I drove by their place and stopped in, they showed me their coop. They have 7 birds one of which is a roo, and several rabbits, all kept inside a 4x4 coop that is only about 4 foot high. No run, no nothing.

I mentioned to them that the coop they currently had wasn't big enough for the birds they had now, and they certainly should not be housing rabbits with chickens. Well they said their coop was fine, and that there was plenty more room for another 15 in there. I was so not impressed.

Before I left they told me they had more rabbits but the other ones died of Cocci, and even though they knew they could medicate them they decided against it to save money. I was even less impressed by now, then my dh asked them if they free range the birds, seeing there was no run it would make sense right? well their answer was astonishing, since they got their chickens and rabbits last spring, they not once have seen the outside of that 4x4 coop. I told them flatly I refused to get them any birds what so ever and told them they were keeping their birds in cruel confinement. I was really ticked off. A couple days later, they sent me an email with pictures of their birds free ranging. glad they got the message, but there is not way I will ever get them birds or any sort of animal. Now I know why the lady on the street over from me refused to sell them chickens. Some people are just so clueless!!!

Back
Top Bottom