UGH! I think I got a dude from the pullet bin!

I have gotten a bunch of chicks at various times this spring from the feedstore. Out of my 1st batch of 12 pullets, 1 out of 3 ended up roos.

I got some more chicks a couple of weeks ago...wanted another barred rock. Looking closely at the bird the other day (I had this feeling it wasnt a BR), its a rose comb...so they didnt even give me a BR!

Out of all the chicks I got at TSC at various times, only 1 is suspect, but Im still giving it time.

Im just glad I dont live in an area where I cant have roos. Its a good thing! I have a ton of them!! (still have 8 out of 9 BR boys that came as packing peanuts with my silkies..and man they are sweet! 1 turned out to be a girl!)

smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to guess that most anyone who keeps chickens likes roosters as well. Many of us on this board CAN'T keep roosters due to zoning issues. I'd personally love to have one, just can't. Which is why I'm nervously biting my fingernails watching my little white EE. She's 10 weeks old, barely has a comb, no wattles, but that tail..... I keep looking to my bantam leghorn hen who has a nice high tail so maybe my EE is a hen, yet. She's my chicken puppy who loves to jump in my lap and nestle down for a nap. I can't bear to post a current picture in case too many people tell me it's rooster! Wait and see.... Live in denial just a bit longer.

yeah, cockeral, bummer. I hatch my own chicks but did pick up a few chicks at the feed store this year for my laying flock...out of 4, 3 are cockerals....not sure about last one. My store supposedly only orders pullets
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom