UGH! I think I got a dude from the pullet bin!

Beckyinma

Songster
12 Years
Apr 1, 2010
Massachusetts
Well, here's the suspect. Chip. The cutest one, and of coarse, the FIRST one I took out of the "EE" bin (they were supposed to be Ameraucana) 5 weeks ago when we picked our 6 girls.

UGH!
52922_img_6911_1.jpg

Among the rest of them:

52922_img_6909_1.jpg

We suspected from about the first week that this was a dude because it was always the first one to come running.. Now with a comb much taller than the other girls, and much pinker, we're pretty much convinced...

sad.png

Does anyone get all pullets from the pullet bin?!? So aggravating. One of our 2 EEs went roo. And now one of the 2 SS is going roo (got a 2nd batch once I was sure we had a roo in the first group). I'm glad I got some sex-links, besides those 4 I ended up with 2 of 6 supposed pullets being roos (and my 2nd batch EE still needs to prove it's girlishness).
Sorry....it's always the favorite, isn't it?

I got 2 EE's out of the pullet bin as well at my feed store, one turned out to be a cockerel. Same pinkness to comb and that upright tail are dead giveaways. Looks like you got yourself a packing peanut. That's what I figured with mine. I got 2 though, assuming one would turn out a roo. Always ALWAYS get more then you actually want/need in case of death or roo
smile.png

Quote:
Because they have pea combs, so the big difference is that they get thicker and pinker rather than taller like yours.

Quote:
Is the iridescent green a sign of roo?

Both males and females can get the green sheen, so it is not an indication one way or the other. The bird in question is a cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom