1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ugh, it finally happened...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Jeffross1968, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Jeffross1968

Jeffross1968 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Smoky Mountains
    They are so nice, so friendly. They jump up on you whether there are treats or not. They squat and hang around a while. They wipe their beaks on your jeans and then move on, and continue foraging.

But this time...no, this time, did not end like that. This time, Buffy my BO did the unthinkable....

She crapped on me [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. RhodeIslandRedFan

RhodeIslandRedFan Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2009
    Central PA
    haha... this hasn't happened to me yet, but for those of us who spend a lot of time interacting with our girls and boys, it's just a matter of time [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  3. GAchick

GAchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    Pembroke GA
    Sounds like someone who has never changed a kids dirty diaper..... I've seen baby poo that was WAAAAY more toxic than chicken poo....A lot more poo than a chicken makes at one time, too...

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG] I'm sure my turn is coming.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  5. Jloeffler

Jloeffler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    Northeast NC
    Maybe she was upset about the no treat thing after all?? [​IMG].

6. Jeffross1968

May 14, 2011
    Smoky Mountains
    Quote:Oh, I've changed many a diaper. That being said, in a diaper, the poop is....well....in the diaper (and on the baby)! This poo was on my leg. First on my unfortunately very thin "chicken watching", never leave the house in, cotton shorts. But they provided a very poor barrier, and then the poo was through. It is a very good thing that I live deep in the woods in the mountains. I'm lucky I didn't break my neck, or step on a chicken as I stumbled, cursing, to the hose and stripped down...

7. Jeffross1968

May 14, 2011
    Smoky Mountains
    Quote:That could be! I think with the weather cooling down a bit, I'm going to start sitting out there with a vinyl table cloth across my lap [​IMG]

8. annep

annep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    I think chicken poo is worse than baby poo any day...I have one year old twins, not to mention my other children..Ill change their diapers any time... What's really nasty is when one of the kids is running around outside w/o shoes on, and steps in it...Oh, the smell....Sorry she pooped on you...that's why I dont hold mine as a general rule...just not that into it...heheee

9. southerndesert

southerndesert B & M Chicken Ranch

Jun 17, 2011
    Morristown, AZ
    Quote:I agree on the not holding [​IMG] Grandson got his head pooped in by one of our pullets yesterday and after getting cleaned up he asks "Is that why you don't hold the chickens to play grandpa?"

I said "yes Dyllon"

He ponders for a bit then says "think I'll just sit with them now cause that was gross"

[​IMG]

10. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    Well now, there is chicken poop [​IMG] and then there is CHICKEN POOP! [​IMG] Sounds like you experienced the second, change clothes kind! [​IMG] I always wonder if it is some kind of payback. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by