ugh lockdown

shadowpaints

Songster
10 Years
Jun 20, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
i have 36 of my standard silkie eggs in the bator, in lockdown its the end of day 18 UGH lol i have no paitence for this!! im glad i have to go to town tomorrow... i wont be hovering round the bator! haha anyone else on lockdown ? wann join me in being impaitent?

HORRAY!!! yeah im on lockdown. i HATE lockdown soooo much because you know they're gonna hatch real soon but they arent hatching YET.the worst day for me is day 19... for some reason that's my longest day...
im on 19 today, and it feels like every minute is an hour

We just went on lock down a few days ago, we're on day 20
woot.gif
I can't stop staring into the bator, I saw some of the eggs wiggle and I about flipped! Its our first hatch ever so I'm super excited!
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif

I think I'm on day 20 - I set eggs at 8am many mornings ago, so does that day count as day 1? I've seen some confusing opinions about this.

At any rate, no noises or movement yet. If I stare at them long enough, my mind pretends that one is moving, but I think I just need to be patient =]

Good luck to everyone's hatches! It's more fun to know there are other BYC-ers lingering near the bater today and tomorrow!

I think I'll have the same problem. I'm only starting day 2 and I'm already hovering around the incubator. I just don't trust it to not screw up my first hatch, so I'm monitoring the temp and humidity levels obsessively. lol.

Locked down on turkeys. Had one surprise hatch four days early! Wasn't nervous til that happened and saw how freaking CUTE turkeys are, lol. Now I'm trying not to hover, sigh. The little early guy is in a brooder with a chick and doing well. Haven't seen him eat yet but he's already picking at chick, who is a week older and pays him no mind.

Day 26 for turkeys and have 3 pips this a.m. I'm glad I have 2 busy days to keep me away from the bator-this is nerve wracking, lol!The little early guy is keeping us entertained. Hubby is falling in love. He wanted me to sell any poults that hatch. Now he is like "We are going to keep a few, aren't we?" :lol:My response-"Don't count yer turkeys before they are hatched."
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom