ugh....swap meat night mare

fowler_chick

Songster
10 Years
Feb 8, 2009
South Western Kansas
i can NOT belive that any one in there right mind would stiff a 4-H group, our local H-4 poultry group was a asked to help out at the poultry swap that was held in our county. since the poultry club only has my daughter and i in it right now i had to ask other 4-her's to volunteer and that they did, we had volunteers to help on friday night moving birds around and cleaning around cages, saturday they were out once again doing the same thing, theses kids were great......worked hard running back and forth between buildings and making sure that the propper tickets went with the propper iteam.....which there system was so mucked up we as 4-h ers constanly had to correct.....
when a 4-h building is rented it is up to the renter to clean up.......nope....we we're left to clean up the mess, I know i was there late last night hosing the floor for a second time and have go in a 3rd time. i was so upset got get a call on my cell last night the the organizer had made up exuses to why not to pay our group of kids to help and then stiff them by a $100. nice huh?

barnie.gif
NOT COOL! Poor kids! Is there anything you can do to get them to pay up? Any sort of contract or anything you can remind them of?

Geez! What kind of a jerk screws over kids???

I sure wouldn't rent to them again, without a contract and a cleaning deposit paid in advance. I wouldn't volunteer for them again or work for them without money up front, either.

Sorry you had such a bad experience.

she will not be getting her deposit back, that's already been desided, we are toying with the ideal of doing a swap our selfs so every thing goes to 4-h. on the bright side of thing's ......i lent my horse trailer to a total stranger yesterday they could hual mini horse she bought at the swap meet back to greensburg ( same town that was hit by a tornado), upond returning it today they ask how much they owed for the use....i told them i wanted nothing so in return they are writting a check to 4-h councel .

If you have a local free paper or other method of media communication then I would repeat what you wrote here.Simple and to the point.Not ranting or name calling.Nothing lights a fire under someones butt better than a bit of public embarrassment.Make it public.

Next time walk away and leave the place dirty.It would have been the renters issue not yours.You were just free labor for him/her.

I felt that since i'm poultry leader that it was my duty to clean up. my youngest was in the hospital this week for a few days so i've been hovering over him, so cleaning the building gave me a chance to get out and do some thing., it turns out that this woman has been to 3 diffrent areas in the last few years..hhhhmmm wonder why?....the last 4-h building she use they desided to do one there selfs.

it turns out that this woman has been to 3 diffrent areas in the last few years..hhhhmmm wonder why?

Isn't that interesting?

Glad the nice people that borrowed your trailer are helping to make up for the jerks out there.​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom