UGH!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by LVchicks, Mar 4, 2013.

1. LVchicks

LVchicks Out Of The Brooder

Jan 28, 2013
    I'm a newbie, I've only been at this a few weeks. I have enough knowledge to be seriously ticked at some strangers though.
    I just went to the P.O.. It was 1:30PM. There were chicks peeping in the back. LOUDLY. Postmistress has already called twice and the people say they 'will be down in a few hours'.
    It is Monday, it is a good bet these are MMM chicks. They were hatched late last week. Yes, they can go a couple days on their yolk but it is the end of that cushion. If you get chicks in the mail at least have the decency to pick them up asap instead of leaving them in a box all day at the PO. If you aren't available to pick them up then maybe picking them up at the feed store is a better option.

2. Lacrystol

Lacrystol Hatching Helper

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    NO WAY, I can't see how ANYONE could or WOULD do that. That's HORRIBLE. Or at least make arrangements to have someone go pick them up for you. OMG...Those poor Chicks..

3. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    my hubby was at P.O. and he saw a man pick up his chicks and say "These are all roosters! send them back!"
    I was so mad that he would say that! we live in the middle of nowhere and it takes for ever to get mail to begin with! poor things. I told hubby he should have said "let me buy them."

4. ButchGood

ButchGood Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2012
    Central Texas
    Agreed, Pick them poor babies up. They are hungry and thirsty. When I'm expecting chicks through the USPS I make arrangements with my boss. "The week of the17th I got chicks coming in, I might be late or have to leave early". Most people will understand. I have a great post office as well here in Killeen Texas. They call me EARLY in the morning when my chicks come in. One time the carrier met me half way.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by