ughhhhh she's doing it again!!! help!

emmalemons

Songster
Jul 30, 2018
Michigan ( Grand Rapids area)
Maybe a month ago I had problems with my chicken named Popsicle. She's an EE. she was having trouble breathing and couldn't seem to make regular chicken noises except what some people called sneezing and coughing, whatever it was, it wasn't good. Now she's back at it. I found her sitting by herself "moping" while the rest of the flock had moved on. Last time all I did was put her by her in a dog kennel and just gave her electrolyte infused water. That was all I had to do and within the first 3-4 days, she was okay. Now... I'm not quite sure, she is in obvious pain and I'm not sure electrolytes and solitary confinement will cut it. Does anyone know what's going on?!?

Have you noticed any bubbles or foam in one of her eyes, or swelling of the eyelids? Does she have any drainage from her nostrils? Is there any bad odor from her face? Is there any dust or mold in your coop environment? Do you have plenty of air circulation in your coop and run? Can you get any Tylan 50 or 200 from your local feed store? It is injectable, but you can also give it orally without the needle. Or you can send off for Tylosin (Tylan) powder to put in the water for 5 days. Here is where you can buy it:
https://www.jedds.com/shop/tylan-soluble-100-g/

Have you noticed any bubbles or foam in one of her eyes, or swelling of the eyelids? Does she have any drainage from her nostrils? Is there any bad odor from her face? Is there any dust or mold in your coop environment? Do you have plenty of air circulation in your coop and run? Can you get any Tylan 50 or 200 from your local feed store? It is injectable, but you can also give it orally without the needle. Or you can send off for Tylosin (Tylan) powder to put in the water for 5 days. Here is where you can buy it:
https://www.jedds.com/shop/tylan-soluble-100-g/

I looked into the tylosin powder thank you for helping. Will this tylosin powder have any side effects at all? like how long should I give it to her or just until visible signs of her feeling better?

It will either help her symptoms improve or not. You can give some probiotics or a spoonful of plain yogurt several times a week to help keep her good gut bacteria normal. Most people do not report any side effects.

You mix the Tylosin powder in the water 1 tsp per each gallon, and five it for 3 to 5 days.

Back
Top Bottom